Call For Your Free Quote: 305-443-6321

Another Type of Home Insurance You May Need

When selling your home, homeowners insurance may be something that the buyer has to think about more so than the seller. However, you may be surprised to learn that a certain type of insurance could be required depending on the circumstances.

For example, if the home you’re selling is currently unoccupied, it’s possible your insurer could deny any claims made should happen during this time or it may even go as far as canceling the policy altogether. It’s imperative that you read the fine print in your policy. Instead, what you may need to look into is an insurance policy for vacancy and general liability. These policies do, however, come with additional costs due to the increased likelihood of a claim being made.

If you’re currently dealing with your existing insurer and finding it hard to get the money you need to take care of damage caused by recent storms, please contact us. We know insurance companies are not your friends and we want to help you get the money you deserve.

This information is provided by Miami insurance attorney Alonso & Perez, LLP. Our areas of practice include bankruptcy, insurance litigation, foreclosure defense, immigration law, and more. Call 305-676-7545 to speak with one of our attorneys or a Miami insurance settlement lawyer and receive a free consultation We look forward to working with you.

This information is provided for educational or informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. The information is not provided in the course of an attorney-client relationship and is not intended to substitute for legal advice.