If you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed with your debts and mounting bills, you may be considering filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. At Alonso, Perez & Santos, LLP., in Miami, Florida, we can provide you with a knowledgeable assessment of your situation to help you determine if bankruptcy is the right option for you.
Consider the questions listed below. If you answer yes to three or more of the questions, you will probably want to speak with a bankruptcy lawyer right away. We can help. For a thoughtful, caring assessment of your situation and your options and for answers to your bankruptcy questions, contact our law office today.
- Is your debt over $5000, not including your car or your house?
- Are you frequently late on payments?
- Do your payments account for over 25 percent of your take home pay?
- Do you pay over 20 percent interest on your debt?
- Do you buy necessary items, such as food and clothing, on credit?
- Have you considered taking out a loan to pay other loans?
- Are you receiving harassing calls from creditors?
- Do you make regular payments without your balances going down?
- Do you have payments that are over one month behind on more than one bill?
- Are your wages being garnished?
- Are you being sued?
- Have you been turned down for credit?
- Are you frequently getting cash advances?
- Are you without any savings?
- Is your car worth more than you owe?
- Is your mortgage or rent frequently late?
- Do you have high medical bills that are not being paid by insurance?
- Do you owe income taxes you cannot pay?